Tuesday, March 29, 2011


This came in the mail yesterday :D

along with my NCLEX-RN candidate report and some other things. I look TERRIFIED in my candidate report picture lol.

Wedding planning is really coming along :) The invitations have been sent out and the RSVPs are slowly starting to trickle in. I finally found jewelry for my bridesmaids and jewelry for myself. I think I'm going to opt out of a necklace and just wear these diamond/pearl drop earrings and this diamond/pearl bracelet instead. They're not REAL diamonds...but they look expensive! The only reason being because my dress has so much detail in the bodice a necklace might take away from it...unless I can find a very dainty single pearl necklace that won't be too long.

I met with the florist! I'm very excited to see how she is going to do everything. She gave me a price quote before but when I met with her we added more stuff...I was thinking it was going to be very expensive but when she gave me the new price I was surprised. It's still a lot of money, but cheaper than the average cost of flowers. And these will be fresh flowers :) Now the question is, do I tip her? How much should I tip? This is her own private business so I don't know...I feel stupid for asking her haha.

We're going to have bows on alternating pews. They will be a dark sheer purple with white and then some random flowers on them. My bouquet will have white calla lilies with a purple center along with purple alstromerias; my bridesmaids will just have the calla lilies. Both will be wrapped with a pretty dark purple ribbon :) We're also going to do some arrangements in the front. I can't wait to see everything! She is also going to do my centerpieces. Awhile ago I posted pictures of those kusudama flowers, which I still love, but that will be too time consuming. Instead, I'm going to do these:

It's called Ting Ting, it's sparkly and can be twisted...and it comes in any color! I requested a dark sparkly purple instead of the silver...and then it will be placed in a vase on a piece of mirrored glass with 2 votive candles like in the picture. We're also going to sprinkle some (fake) purple/ivory flower petals on the tables.

I'm going to alternate with THESE to give the reception hall some depth and dimension. But instead of rocks (which I don't really like anyway lol) we're going to put purple marbles in there and put the same calla lilies that will be used in the bouquets. These will also be on top of mirrored glass. :)

I'm happy that things are finally coming together :) I'm meeting with the organist this Friday to discuss music for the ceremony.

I have to work the next 3 evenings. I feel like crap :( My sinuses are all jacked up and my throat really hurts...and I have really bad cramps on top of it :( Part of me wants to call off (I have 15minutes to decide if I only want 1 point instead of 2!) but I think I'll just suck it up and deal with it, especially since I will not be working at this hospital much longer...I want to continue to make a good impression because that will be so important when I'm being considered for my grown-up nurse job. I do not want my current employer to tell them, "yeah she called off sick" (which I have done maybe TWICE in over a year I have worked there) or telling them I had a no-call, no-show (which I almost had...thank goodness I checked my schedule!) I just wish this crappiness would have happened on my 5 days off, not when I have to go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment