For some reason my other post deleted my little blurb about what I did yesterday in FLW.
I drove all day yesterday and actually made good timing - left at around 0615 and got here around 1600, Missouri time. I had to wait awhile because E had a briefing from some Army general about how four officers got DUI's this past weekend (not in FLW, I guess just throughout the Army).
We went to Seoul Garden with Zaieed, a member of the Saudi Arabian Royal Guard (they guard the royal family) and Mingo, another 2LT. Zaieed and three other members from the SARG are here training with the Army to learn tactics and other things. Dinner was delicious, we tried some sushi which was good but the Korean food was amazing! I got my usual kimchi jjigae and E tried the yook gae jang (which is a spicy shredded beef soup with clear noodles and other veggies). Zaieed got this seafood pancake (similar to kimchi pancakes only with chunks of seafood, including octopus...mmm) and Mingo got some spicy chicken bulgogi. The meal came with traditional Korean banchan or side dishes, and they had a new one that I tried - lotus root. it was soooooo good...can't really describe it but it was very sweet and tasty :)
After dinner we went to Zaieed's house and met his cousin and another member of the SARG. I tried some Arabic tea, which tasted a lot like honey, but oh my it was so good! Then we smoked hookah lol - double apple rose (which tasted different than the one I had back at the Firefly and the Miraj....this one had a strong licorice aftertaste) and grape, which was my favorite. I haven't smoked hookah in who knows how long.
Afterwards we went to The Blackjack Lounge on-post so that E could play some pool. He remained undefeated with his partner, but at one point I told him to either lose (lol) or to have him give me his room key so I could go back. I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before and was exhausted and cranky. We went back, I showered, and passed out.
Today we went to El Jimador, drove around FLW, spent a bunch of money at the commissary and then played some Black Ops Nazi zombies :D
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment