Head over to Wife of a Sailor's blog to participate in this week's questions!
1. What is your favorite MilSpouse blog (not including Wife of a Sailor who we all love, or your own)? Submitted by Our Crazy Life.
I honestly don't have a particular favorite - I love reading all of them for a variety of reasons.
2. What are your favorite perks about your SO being deployed (we all know there are perks!)? Submitted by Ramblings of a Marine Wife.
Although we haven't been through a deployment yet, we have been separated. I would have to say my favorite thing is less laundry to do. Oh, and I eat a lot healthier, too! But don't get me wrong - I would much rather have him here than being away!
3. How long did you date your husband before getting engaged? Married? submitted by Utterly Chaotic.
We dated for nearly 3 years before we got engaged, and then we were engaged for 3 months before we got married lol. We're still having our formal wedding celebration on May 14th of this year, though.
4. What do you think your husband would do if he wasn't in the military? Submitted by Adventures of M-Squared.
My husband has a bachelor's in Political Science (which he hated haha), an associate's in Criminal Justice and a minor in Military Science. He's already thinking about this anyway once he retires from the Army, but probably law enforcement. He's an active duty MP right now (don't hate!) so that's perfect. Either that or a professional race car driver LOL!
5. If you could talk to the Secretary of the Army what is one suggestion you would like to bring to their attention in order to improve the lives of military families? Submitted by My Life as His (Air Force) Wife.
Shorter deployments (which would probably mean more frequent, but not necessarily). I do not understand why the Army and Marines have to go for so long and the Air Force only deploys for like 6 months at a time. I'm not sure about the Navy. Anyway, my SIL's husband is a USAF NCO...he deployed to Kuwait/Iraq in summer 2009 and made is back just in time for Christmas. He hasn't deployed since, but he mentioned possibly deploying again this fall/winter. That's still over 2 years of no deployment! I'm sorry, but that just isn't fair. Army/USMC averages 1 year on, 1 year off but sometimes it's not even a year off...I've heard of soldiers coming back for a few months then having to be deployed again for at least another year! They really need to consider that the wives/husbands/families of our deployed soldiers/airmen/sailors/devil dogs are greatly affected by this, too. I don't know, just my 2 cents.


From what I've seen of the other Friday Fill-In participants' responses, "less laundry" is quite the popular answer for the second question. :-)
ReplyDeleteMy husband does his own laundry, so that part hasn't changed for me. I'm impressed you eat healthier. Can you teach me that? I end up eating ice cream for dinner.
ReplyDeleteI've always been a health nut by default :) I also really need to be careful for the next few months because we're having a formal wedding and I already had my dress altered and everything...I need to make sure I can fit into it!
ReplyDelete