Sunday, December 19, 2010

still can't decide.

I still can't decide on what to do.

It shouldn't be this hard. I seriously think that sometimes I have a hard time making decisions haha.

Eddie proposed the idea of getting legally married when he comes back for Christmas/New Year's. There are many benefits to this:

* an extra $1500/mo. that he'll be making just for being married. it goes to him but it's for me, I guess you could say. He said he would give me $2000 when he comes back (if we do this) to help tie me over, which can be used to help pay rent if I end up being short on money for a month or for more wedding stuff.
* an estimated $7500 would be made by May, but with taxes it would be more like $3000 + whatever I don't use (basically around $5000 if I don't spend anything). This could be used towards a honeymoon as well as extra money in the bank in case we need it for whatever reason.
* I also probably won't be working right off the bat when we move. So this will help.
* I can jump on his health insurance. I'm currently on my mom's, but then she wouldn't have to pay for me any more and that's more money she'll save.
* Changing my name now will save me from having to deal with it later. As of now we're planning on leaving the day after the wedding because it's about a 22 hour drive to Texas. All we'll have to do is go to the BMV and get new driver's licenses.
* This will also help with my RN license. It is such a pain in the ass to change your name on a license like that, at least in Ohio. if I sit for my NCLEX in March, I'm going to have to go through the whole name change process 2 months later anyway.

I probably wouldn't make this entirely public...just let closer friends/family know. I would have to change my name on all of my ID's and everything, but that doesn't mean I have to change my Facebook name (the name that matters, I think! lol). And with all of this shiz with the wedding bands I probably won't have one to wear for awhile so as my roommate said, it's even easier to hide lol.

Everyone says go for it. My mom said ultimately it is my decision but she feels it would "take away" from the wedding ceremony. I don't think it will because Eddie will only be here for a week and then he goes back to MO. I'll see him very little between January-May. Even if I legally change my name, I probably won't "feel" married until after the actual wedding ceremony. A friend of mine did this and in no way did this "take away" from her wedding day. I honestly think it's my mom that is keeping me from making this decision.

On a side note, work kind of sucked yesterday. Normally the ICU stepdown unit isn't bad. I was actually expecting to float to sit because that is what happened to me the past few times I picked up on that floor. One of the NA's called in sick so I had the floor. It was just one of those days where you constantly had to play "catch up" with everything - all of my work got done but I was constantly behind on everything. Then of course, I forgot to clock out at the end of my shift lol.

Only 3 more work days for 2010! :)

I also bought a dress! It's all black with beading detail on the straps and underneath the bust, but you can't see that in these pictures. It's got kind of like a ruching/pleating detail down the center. It's also form-fitting, which I kind of like. Only $69.99 @ Dillard's!

Don't mind my bug-eyed expression haha.


And the side:


I love it and can't wait to wear it!

I had all of these options for shoes but go figure I couldn't find any of them and I wanted to have shoes as soon as possible, so I just bought these pink leopard print ones from Kohl's:

They weren't my first choice but when I saw them in person I loved them even more! And best of all, these $54.99 shoes were only like $14 :)

6 more days until my fiance comes home!





No comments:

Post a Comment